A Wedding Experience

We went to the wedding of my friend Nix, and it turned out to be not the usual wedding experience we anticipated. First, traffic was really bad and with no taxi cab available our one hour allowance for traveling time turned out to be a really bad idea. We completely missed the wedding ceremony because we also got lost on the way so we had no choice but to proceed directly to the reception. We had no idea where Plaza Moriones was and the taxi driver didn't either but it was inside Intramuros so we knew we'll be able to find it no matter what. We were expecting a restaurant but how wrong we were! Plaza Moriones was aptly named because it is, of course, a Plaza! There was a tent set up in the middle for the reception and the place was gorgeous not to mention rich in Philippine History. We had time to walk around and we discovered that Rizal Shrine is just a few steps away. I immediately grasp the opportunity to teach Z about our national hero and about Intramuros. Here are a couple of shots:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The reception started around 6:00 PM and by that time S had to go back to his office so Z and I were left behind. Z played around this giant Christmas tree. I let him run around it so he'll not get bored.

Photobucket

About 6:30 the bridal car pulled up and it was a gorgeous Rolls Royce. I can't resist but take a shot because I haven't seen one up close.

Photobucket

Unfortunately, I was not able to get our picture taken with the bride and groom. Immediately after eating we have to go because Z is getting restless and was already begging me to go. I was also afraid to go home too late because the place was not familiar with me.
Outside the plaza, I can't resist taking pictures of these beautiful Christmas lights.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Intramuros is really a nice place to visit and I'm sure we'll come back when Z is a little older.
Congratulations to the newlyweds Chuck and Nix!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogs

Entrecard


Leave Your Message Here.

Hello, thanks for visiting!
Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

ss_blog_claim=384464fa725fe837ed54b425b1c713d2