Laguna De Bay

After church, my In-laws decided to take us to Market Market to have some lunch. While there I finally decided to buy some herbs I've heard about in other cooking blogs--herbs that you can use to add flavor to your cooking. I bought Sweet Basil (P75) and Thyme (P50). I also bought some garden soil (P50) for replanting. As of now I only have a vague idea on how to use it, I know basil is added on pasta and thyme, well... i still have to research. The important thing is the herbs are now readily available whenever I come across a recipe that needs one.
Next we stopped by our apartment to let the heat pass. Muning was tired from the journey and slept somewhere we couldn't reach. At around 4pm we went for a trip to check the Rizal area. My father-in-law suddenly had the urge to see Laguna Bay. I was also curious since there are a lot of housing in the Rizal area but we were having second thoughts because it might be too far from Libis where S works.We passed thru Cainta, Taytay, then Angono. The sights I saw reminded me of my childhood days in the province. After getting lost we finally arrived in Wawa where we took some pictures. It's nice to see a peaceful lake instead of the buildings and concrete cement which is abundant in the city.

2 comments:

Nance said...

use basil as a side dish to fried fish. slice a few tomatoes,red onion,a tsp of vinegar or lemon, season w/patis or salt and yummy!
you can also use basil in spaghetti sauce. thyme is good w/meat dishes.

Paula said...

Thanks for the input! I cannot wait to try it out. We just had fried fish the other day and it is definitely getting old, I am sure this will spice things up. Thanks again, Nance!

Post a Comment

Blogs

Entrecard


Leave Your Message Here.

Hello, thanks for visiting!
Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

ss_blog_claim=384464fa725fe837ed54b425b1c713d2