Homeschooling

I am planning to homeschool Z. I know it may sound unheard of especially in the Philippines but I have done my research and I am quite convinced that it will be the best for Z now. I have gone to a private school and I remember that a lot of time was wasted waking up early, getting ready for school, waiting for the school bus, waiting for the flag ceremony, etc. And when I go home I have to do my assignments, I did not have enough time to go out and play. I know it has its benefits, all my friends I met from school but with the homeschool I have in mind there will be a day in every week for all the homeschooled students to meet and mingle. I am hoping that we will have a stronger bond as parents unlike what I experienced myself. At present Z is interacting with kids here in our apartment complex and he is wonderful in socializing with them. I know this is a bold move but we decided we will take it one year at a time. If we come to a point that it is not working out anymore, then we can put him in a regular school.

4 comments:

Nance said...

hi paula,
homeschooling is a good idea, we have a lot of those here in the states ... they are faring better than students from ivy schools.

have fun!

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been thinking about homeschooling when I have children too and so I am really glad you enjoyed my article.

Your blog is lovely, and I love reading the updates.

Take care
Admin of www.precious-babes.com

Lalaine said...

hi there! I'm homeschooling my daughter too..I'm just starting slowly since my daughter just turned 4..how old is your child? I just posted about a book that'll teach your child to read, it's a good homeschool material.

Post a Comment

Blogs

Entrecard


Leave Your Message Here.

Hello, thanks for visiting!
Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

ss_blog_claim=384464fa725fe837ed54b425b1c713d2