On Renting and Moving Out

Just last week, Z and his friend Jave had a blast playing together at our apartment. But as they say, all good things must come to an end because last Sunday, Jave and his family moved to another apartment. We were surprised but in a way we were already expecting this because a few months ago, his mom and I were talking about wanting to move and find a bigger place. As it turned out, they found a bigger one but with the same rental price as their old apartment. It is just a walking distance from us but located in a different town. They said the place that they found was two-storey and with much bigger rooms. I wish we could also find a good place when it's our time to move, we are planning to move this coming February because by that time another rent increase is scheduled and we know we can already find a bigger place at that price. We would love to move to our own house, after all, the price we are paying for an apartment is enough for monthly mortgage payment for a house far from the city but we just don't want that sacrifice. I love it that I just have to wait 30 minutes and S will be home from the office. We lived in my grandma's house two years before and we had everything for free but S's travel time was 2 hours in good days and would last up to 3 hours when the traffic was bad. When he arrives home, all he does is sleep and when he wakes up he just say hello to us and he has to get ready for work again. In short, his life was really exhausting and looking back we do not know how he survived that. Because of that experience, S and I agree that our life is better here even if the rent takes a chunk of our budget. Z and his dad have all the time in the world to spend together, and I do not spend my hours worrying where he is and why isn't he home yet. Yes, renting is our option for now but someday we hope to save enough to afford the more expensive houses located in the city where work is available. It may take some time but I'm sure we'll eventually get there.
Going back to Z and his friend, they tried to spend as much time together during the last days of their stay here - up to the time when they were loading their furniture in the vehicle. Years from now, I don't know if Z will still remember Jave so I snapped some more photos to remind Z of his childhood friend.











7 comments:

Anonymous said...

paula, i already updated your link. :) hope ur doing okay. me, im okay, quiet sad today. a lot of bad news, ppp removed by blog, 0 page rank plus my mom is sick right now, so I do all the chores. :) really tiring. when it rains it pours.

Raquel said...

Hi Paula, sorry for the late reply. I have been busy lately and my internet went out for 5 days. Anyway, I already linked your site in my blog. Ok, see yah.

Anonymous said...

Soon enough you'll be in a home of your own and it's great. I am glad to be done renting. Your blog has a really cozy feel and your kids are cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula, I just wanted to tell you that after reading your post. I want to tell you that I would be willing to try to help you get the books that you want. If maybe I could have them sent to me and then I would send them to you. If you can think of anything let me know and I'll see if I can help you out. Great post, and your kids are beautiful!!!!! Thanks let me know what I can do.

Unknown said...

Hi Paula,

Congratulation , hope your family happy with new house. Feel good .

Anonymous said...

new house........wow congratulation. Happy living.

MommaWannabe said...

Hi Paula,
Cute kid!
I think its' a great idea to snap pictures of your kid and his childhood friend - a great memorabilia.

Post a Comment

Blogs

Entrecard


Leave Your Message Here.

Hello, thanks for visiting!
Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

ss_blog_claim=384464fa725fe837ed54b425b1c713d2